Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 4

Well I can tell the variation in activity level dependant on where I am each day.

In the office today and although numerous trips up and down the stairs to fill my waterbottle and go to the loo, and trips to the printer my steps total was rubbish!

Had a docs appointment for my annual asthma review all was good and then home. Was really hungry, so grabbed a sandwich and sat to log food and let the sandwich settle.

Temperature was well below freezing and I was after an excuse not to go out again. I didn't fancy the drive down the lanes to the gym (or more to the case back from the gym!) so was tempted not to bother. BUT the house really wasn't warm and I was verging on cold. My step count was pitiful at around 3500 and I couldn't stand the thought of blogging on here and declaring that to myself.

So wrapped up warm I hit the tarmac. Can't wait until I get rid of my cold and cough and starting to run again - the steps should disappear a lot quicker then! BUT off I went thinking I'd do 4000 and at least break the back.

Sometimes it would be nice to live in a bigger town to make getting the steps in a bit easier. At 3400 I nearly called it quits. The cold was starting to seep through my layers and although I was walking as quickly as normal my vigorous target wasn't getting any nearer - must have been the cold meaning I wasn't as warm. I wanted to call it quits, but my inner self wouldn't allow it... so headed back in the direction i had come to retrace the steps and attempt to get somewhere near the 6000 I needed..... Near home and at 9600.... so back out my road and round the block again... YAY! home to 6500 and 10500 total! Result! Boy is it cold out there!

Right yesterday's totals:


Not the best but expected!

1 comment:

  1. Hiya , a fellow 100 day challenger here!!

    You are doing better than me with the steps - the colds a massive demotivator so well done

    ReplyDelete